A Kiwi favorite and a popular dish in our household each Friday night! Try out this healthy spin on fish and chips and treat the whole family this Friday night. We know we are!!
Serves 2 Adults & 2 Children
- 6 medium potatoes (Preferably Maris Piper) cut into wedges
- 4 tablespoons rapeseed oil, plus extra oil for frying the fish
- 500g bone free Hake fillet or other white fish
- 100g flour plus 4 tablespoons extra for coating the fish
- Black pepper to season
- 180ml milk
- 60ml rapeseed oil
- Sprig of fresh rosemary finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas Mark 3
- Place the wedges into a bowl adding the rapeseed oil ensuring all the wedges are fully coated. Place wedges skin down onto a fully lined baking tray and bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
- Cut the Hake into bite sized portions
- In a large bowl add the flour and black pepper. Add in the milk slowly whisking until the batter is smooth.
- Place the 4 tablespoons of flour into a separate bowl
- Start heating the rapeseed oil in a frypan.
- Coat each piece of fish in flour, then dip fish into the batter mixture and fry in the fry pan, cooking until both sides are browned evenly.
- Repeat this process until all the fish has been cooked. Remember to put cooked fish on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Sprinke the rosemary over the chips when you are ready to serve.
Little Folk recipes are tried and tested for your benefit! Not only do we care about what your little one or little ones munch on. We also care about what you and the rest of the family put into your mouths as well! So check out our weekly recipes and other blogs.
If you are interested in sharing a recipe of your own please contact us via our contact page and let us know!
Lots of love,
Sophie and Hannah