Another yummy recipe from our favorite cookbook by Aileen Cox Blundell! These mini courgette pizza’s will go down a treat at any occasion.
- 1 medium courgette cut into 12 thick slices
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon water
- 8 basil leaves finely chopped
- 2 cherry tomatoes finely chopped
- 50g mozzarella cheese chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- With a teaspoon gently press down the center of each courgette slice so that there is a small indentation for the filling.
- Place slices on a lightly oiled baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl add the tomato puree, oil, garlic, water and basil mixing until it forms a thick sauce.
- Add a little bit of the mixture to each slice of courgette. Put a few pieces of the chopped tomato on topping off by adding a piece of mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese has melted.
Little Folk recipes are tried and tested for your benefit! Not only do we care about what your little one or little ones munch on. We also care about what you and the rest of the family put into your mouths as well! So check out our weekly recipes and other blogs.
If you are interested in sharing a recipe of your own please contact us via our contact page and let us know!
Lots of love,
Sophie and Hannah