With the winter months drawing to an end there’s no better way to celebrate the end to chilly weather than by enjoying a bowl of this yummy pumpkin and garlic soup!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 850g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 brown onion peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic
- 90g honey
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tarragon leaves (optional)
- 1 cup of single pouring cream
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C/355F
- Place the pumpkin in a baking dish with the onion and garlic. Drizzle the oil and honey over them and salt and pepper to season.
- Roast for approximately 35 minutes or until the pumpkin is cooked through.
- Blend the pumpkin, onions and garlic in a food processor blending until smooth.
- Put the blended pumpkin mix into a saucepan and add the cream brining the mixture to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 2/3 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- In a separate bowl mix the tarragon leaves with the sour cream.
- When ready to serve top the soup with the sour cream mixture and sprinkle with extra pepper.
Little Folk recipes are tried and tested for your benefit! Not only do we care about what your little one or little ones munch on. We also care about what you and the rest of the family put into your mouths as well! So check out our weekly recipes and other blogs.
If you are interested in sharing a recipe of your own please contact us via our contact page and let us know!
Lots of love,
Sophie and Hannah